Join the Green New Deal Team
Western Oregon’s industrial forests and rural landscapes must play a central role in a Green New Deal climate solution. Our forests are arguably the best forests in the world for removing atmosphere warming carbon dioxide. There are many ways (see below) to get involved in this important work. First, read and share our GND Proposal for Oregon’s Industrial Forests.
With your help we can realize a Green New Deal for Western Oregon’s Industrial Forests.
Just and sustainable communities are required NOW for our survival and for vibrant and diverse ecosystems and communities.
Six ways to become involved:
- Research: Are you the kind of person who finds things out? We also need help researching Congressional staffers to receive our proposal.
- Administration: Are you a person who has a good sense of the practical affair of business, governance or some other enterprise? We need help with office tasks like putting together mailers for the proposal.
- Provide expert advice: Has your past experience provided you with an expertise in an industry or field of work? If so, you have much to contribute to our work.
- Host a local GND meeting, work team or community education event: Almost anyone can arrange for a local meeting space and make coffee.
- Learn: Do you want to learn more? Visit our annotated bibliography to find the studies and reports we use to guide this work. Don’t see an important document there? Let us know and we will add it.
- Donate: OK, all of the above described work will take some money. Communications, travel and coordination require time and effort by paid staff. Make a donation to the Coast Range Association. Your contribution will be multiplied hundreds of times through our game changing work.
“The climate crisis is not only the single greatest challenge facing our country; it is also our single greatest opportunity to build a more just and equitable future, but we must act immediately.”